If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, December 15, 2008

Brinjal in a soy and lime sauce, recipe

Sorry for my late reply, I was away for vacation to Trengganu, will update some photos in next update.
Here is the recipe and unable to provide actual measurements as I was simply cook and agak-agak only:-

2 long brinjals
salt
pepper
cooking oil
1 shallot, peeled and sliced
1 red chilli, sliced to small pieces
2 limes, extract juice
dark soy sauce
light soy sauce
sugar
cornflour
water

Steps:-
1) Cut brinjal into thin slice about 1cm. Season with salt and pepper.
2) Deep fry the brinjal over a medium flame until it turns golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
3) Heat oil and saute the shallot and chilli for 1 minute. Mix together the water, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and add cornflour to get slight thickening sauce.
4) Pour over cooked brinjals and serve ( with rice is the best).

Happy Trying...

1 comment:

rt r said...

mmmm....sounds tasty :-)

I love brinjal, thanks for showing me a new way to cook it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin